The dreaded budget -- every brides favorite topic right? Of course not, who wants to limit planning for their big day! But we want to make this subject relatively painless for our excited brides.
Let's save some money!
Here are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind as you begin planning out your budget and the other details of your dream wedding!
- Locations that do not have preferred caterers will sometimes give you the opportunity to bring in a more cost effective local caterer of your choice. This can save you big time when you sit
down and compare a few venues!
- Weekday Weddings -- yep, there's that weekday suggestion again! Many locations have huge discounts for weekdays because so many automatically go for weekends. See our previous blog "Thank
- Discount stores such as Old Time Pottery, Tuesday Morning, and World Market are great places to go to to snag ceremony and reception decor. You can find vases, frames, candles, etc. all at
- Use a combination of candles and fresh florals for your centerpieces. Adding candles can really save you in your budget if you aren't able to add in elaborate floral centerpieces. They add so
- Setting up a candy bar can be a great alternative to ordering favors for your guests. These have become very popular and are often times much easier on your budget! Check stores listed above
for great deals on candy vessels and scoops. Or check with your coodinators, they might have some that they will include for the night, all you would need to provide is the candy! The best part
is you and your groom can choose what kinds of candies or fun treats represent you. Your guests can pick and choose what they'd like to put in their favor bags too!
- Does the dress have your budget in a frenzie? Don't be afraid to look at last seasons dresses. You'd be surprised what kinds of discounts come with them! They may be last seasons model, but
they are totally new to you.
- Thinking you don't want to go with a full wedding cake? Go with a cupcake cake! Many times it is more economical and looks just as elegant. You can still get multiple tiers and multiple
- To cut a bit on bridesmaids costs you can invite your bridesmaids to pitch in with their bouquets.
- Attend some bridal shows throughout your planning process. Many vendors have drawings or contests that you can enter at their booths that can win you a discount on their services or a free
service altogether. What bride wouldn't want to win a free wedding dress of their dreams?!
Know of a few more great budgeting bride tips? Share the love! Until then happy budgeting!